City of Gilroy Home
City of Gilroy

Household Hazardous Waste Disposal

The City of Gilroy participates in the Santa Clara County Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) disposal program. All residents in the city can set up an appointment with the county to dispose of HHW for free. Please visit the county website (link to county here) for this program to set up an appointment online or call (408) 299-7300.

What are HHWs?
What are they? They are wastes that can be found throughout the home, in the garage, garden, hobby shop, and under your sink! They are ingredients in such products as cleaners, paints, and pesticides.

How do I handle HHWs?
Once you know what HHWs are, you need to know how to property store, use, recycle and dispose of them.

Are there alternatives to using HHWs?
Yes! Choosing products carefully can reduce the amount of HHW you generate. You can also try alternatives to household products and pesticides.