Plan Housing and Economic Development Stakeholder Forums
The August 24, 2017 meeting of the Gilroy 2040 General
Plan Advisory Committee (GPAC) will present stakeholder forums on the two
hottest topics that will influence Gilroy’s future; housing and economic
development. The forums will allow GPAC
members the opportunity to engage with community and industry leaders through
panel discussions and Q&A to identify valuable information applicable to
the development of Gilroy 2040 General Plan.
On the housing side, issues to be discussed will include local and
regional housing demand, affordability and availability, demographic trends
related to housing, and what potential solutions Gilroy can incorporate into
the General Plan, the land use and development for the city’s future. The
members of the Housing Panel are:
Jim Heid, President and Founder of
Urban Green, Moderator
Alex Sanchez, Executive Vice President
of ROEM Development Corporation.
Joe Head, President of SummerHill
Paul Ring, Vice President of
Development of The Core Companies.
The economic development forum
will address local and regional retail, employment, and tourism trends, as well
as techniques to continue to strengthen the Downtown. The members of the Economic Development Panel
- Doug Svensson, President of Applied Development Economics, Moderator.
- John Roush, Paso Robles Downtown Association Board Member
- Robert Earnest, General Manager, Gilroy Premium Outlets, Simon Property Group.
- Rich Truempler, Vice President, Real Estate Development, The Sobrato Organization
- Mark Sanchez, Senior Vice President of Colliers Commercial Real Estate, South County.
The public is welcome to
attend the meeting, to be held August 24, 2017 in the Gilroy Police Department
Community Room, 7301 Hanna St., at 6:00 p.m.