- Day Camps
- Aquatics & Pool Hours
- Cultural Arts
- Special Interest
- Youth Sports
The Recreation Department offers a traditional SUMMER DAY CAMP AT GILROY GARDENS as well as a variety of sports and specialty camps during summer.
- "And One" Basketball Camp (Ages 10-14)
- Baseball Camp - Skyhawks (Ages 7-12
- Dodgeball Camp (Ages 8-12)
- Field Hockey Camp - Fundamental (Ages 6-12)
- Fun-N-Fit Camp (Ages 5-12)
- Futsal Kingz Camp (Ages 6-12)
- Futsal Camp - Tetra Brazil (Ages 7-12)
- Multi Sports Camp - Skyhawks (Age 7-12)
- Tennis Camp (Ages 8-12)
- Volleyball Camp (Ages 7-12)
- Chess Wizards (Ages 6-12)
- Code for Fun - Intro to Python with Minecraft (Ages 10-15)
- Code for Fun - Coding with Robotics (Ages 7-10)
- Mad Science - Spy Academy (Ages 6-11)
- Mad Science - Little Green Thumbs (Ages 4-6)
- Play-Well TEKnologies - Mine, Craft, Build (Ages 5-8)
- Sensory Moves Camp (Ages 1-4)
THANKSGIVING BREAK CAMPS:
The Aquatics program offers a variety of ways to enjoy the pool during the summer through lap swim, recreation swim, swim lessons, water aerobics, camps and pool parties.
Hours of Operation at Christopher High School Aquatics Center:
- Tuesday - Sunday, Jun 18 - August 4, 2019, from 11:30 - 5:00pm
- Pool closed: 7/4, 7/26, 7/27, 7/28, and Mondays
- Fee: $8 weekdays / $10 weekends
Group Swim Lessons
- Parent & Me (6 mo - 3 yrs)
- Tiny Tots - Beginners (3-5 years)
- Tiny Tots - Intermediate (3-5 years)
- Level 1 - Beginners (Ages 6-12)
- Level 2 - Advanced Beginners (Ages 6-12)
- Level 3 - Intermediate (Ages 6-12)
- Level 4 - Advanced (Ages 6-12)
The Adaptive Recreation Program is for participants with developmental disabilities (i.e., Down Syndrome, Autism, etc.). The program is designed to provide fitness, nutrition and recreation programs to participants ages 13 years and older.
Moves Made 4 Me: This program is designed to illustrate movement for special needs students through developmental milestones.
The Adult Sports Program offers opportunities for adults to get exercise, have fun with family and friends and meet new people. The Adult Sports Program includes classes, sports leagues and tournaments, and targets individuals ages 18 and older.
Click here to access the game schedules on Team Sidelines.
Get your blood pumping and meet new friends in a fun environment. Commit to be fit with these Adult Fitness classes (Ages 18+ unless otherwise noted).
Cultural Arts encourage creativity, improve self-esteem, bring color to the world and broadens the view of different cultures. A variety of classes and activities are offered that appeal to the artist in each of us.
Early Childhood Recreation focuses on the "building blocks" to Kindergarten readiness by providing a series of integrated learning experiences. Classes are designed to give children the opportunity to play and interact socially in a safe, stimulating and nurturing environment as the learn to become cooperative members of a group.
The Gilroy Senior Center welcomes adults ages 55 and older and is a wonderful place to visit and enjoy the company of others. Some of the best moments are those shared over a cup of coffee or a delicious lunch.
Location: 7371 Hanna Street, Gilroy, CA 95020
Program Hours: 9:00am to 3:00pm
Click here for the monthly newsletter, which provides information about trips, programs, club meetings, the lunch menu for the Nutrition Program and much more!
The Gilroy Senior Center Gift Shop is open to the public and is located inside the Gilroy Senior Center. The Gift Shop is open Monday through Friday from 10:00am to 3:00pm.
Improve skills, develop new ones, or find something new to do in these Special Interest classes.
The city welcomes volunteers from all segments of our community to help with events, programs and projects. Here are some of the upcoming volunteer opportunities you can sign-up for:
Please complete the Volunteer Application. Signed waivers may be submitted by email or returned to the Recreation office, 7351 Rosanna St. Parents or legal guardians need to sign the application for youth under age 18.
Youth Sports Leagues are an opportunity for youth to learn the sport and participate in locally held games. Leagues depend on volunteer coaches for its success and practices and scrimmages are arranged by the volunteer coach, at their discretion.
Click here for access to the game schedules on Team Sidelines.
The Youth Sports Program offers a variety of classes intended to meet different interests, skills and ages.
|Sign-up for E- Newsletter|
The Recreation Department is committed to engaging high-risk youth and their families to social, recreational and educational programs that support and enhance their quality of life. These are some of the programs offered:
For more information, please contact Community Coordinator Sandra Cruz by email or at (408) 500-5034.