Mr. Forbis has eighteen years of municipal finance experience, previously serving as the Finance Director for the City of Gilroy, the Finance Director in Monterey, California, Utilities Business and Budget Manager for the City of Morgan Hill, California and as a Management Analyst in San Mateo County, California. He is a Certified Public Finance Officer (CPFO) through the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) accreditation program, is a member of GFOA's Committee on Governmental Budget and Fiscal Policy, and a member of the California Society of Municipal Finance Officers (CSMFO) Board of Directors. He has a Master’s Degree in Public Administration from San Jose State University and performed his undergraduate work in Recreation Administration at the University of Kansas/Missouri Western State College.
City Administrator Overview
RolesThe primary roles of the City Administrator are:
- Charged with the formation of the council’s legislative agenda and working with the Mayor and Council Members to identify and address issues of community-wide concern
- Oversee City departments: Police, Fire, Community Development, Community Services, Finance, and Administration
- Oversee the City’s $120 million budget and development of the annual financial statement audit
- Attend meetings of the City Council and participate in the council’s deliberations, but not vote
- Gilroy’s Director of Emergency Services, coordinating the readiness of the city to respond to natural and man-made disasters